Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 12: Barossa Valley

New. Love. - Hentley Farm 2008 Clos Otto Shiraz. Yum yum yum yum yum!

We sadly *sniff* said farewell to one of our three troopers today, Kath, who left us to prepare for her ski trip to the States. Her absence was so acute I think we've already spoken 3 times since she left!

To brighten our mood, Bel and I decided to doll-up 50s style and head to the Barossa Valley for a spot of wine tasting. This is where the love affair began....

First, lunch at Maggie Beer's Pheasants Farm. And yes, we had the pheasant terrine with pastry made from sour cream, delish!


The balcony at the Farm Shop
Second, Hentley Farm wines. Bel and I were recommended to visit this winery by a friend (thanks Chris!) and it was fabulous. The two of us managed to nab the lovely wine maker Dru to take us through the tastings, and we proceeded to spend a good hour sampling some fantastic wines, most of which, (unfortunately) Bel and I can't afford. It seems our zealous appreciation of these delectable grapes afforded us celebrity status as we were allowed to try the members only, "limited" wines. This is where the second love affair began.

Love affair 3: oysters. After a wonderful day in the Barossa, we returned to the house of the friends we were staying with, and what did they have waiting for me, a dozen Coffin Bay oysters for a starter, and a fresh fish dinner with pavlova for desert. I came, I ate, I conquered!


All finished!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chaanah
    Looks like fun lots of yummy stuff to eat & drink...!!
    LOL
    Mumx

    ReplyDelete